Today was difficult, not because of this detox but because hubby and older girls are sick and last night just didn’t cut it for me–waking every 1-2 hours was more miserable then ever BUT I pushed through and believe it or not, I chose to workout today! Not in the morning because I could barely move—but in the afternoon, I was just soo “bla” and decided I need to work out. The best part? I was able to keep up with Jillian Michaels soooo MUCH better than the previous days. I’m finally improving and I actually feel stronger! 2 more days of this and honestly, I’m pretty sure I’m going to continue–just to need to decide how I will continue. There’s only so much googling and searching a person can do to find food ideas—hoping that a book with recipes will help more just so I have a guide and not have to slip back to our old recipes just yet. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE our family tried and true recipes–like our Tomato Basil Soup (Recipe Here)—but my taste buds would be screaming for grilled cheese with it—-and oysters with our chili—and texas toast garlic bread with our minestrone soup—so I need to stay away from these for a while longer until I can control my intake of the “not so healthy extras”.
- 2 sunny side up eggs (made with no butter, no salt, no oil)
- Side of sautéed vegis in 1 tsp coconut oil: 4-5 mushroom, 1 sweet onion-chopped, 1/2 orange bell pepper- chopped
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (made with water) and 3/4 banana sliced on top
- none–breakfast made be FULL
Lunch salad: (finally a NEW salad)
- 2 cups PACKED with bagged salad
- 2 beef patties cooked and sprinkled lightly with salt-crumbled on top (92% lean meat)
- 1/4 cup of northern beans
- 1/4 cup of pico de gallo
- 1 tomato on vine, chopped
Note: no dressing was needed as the pico de gallo had an amazing spicy kick to it!
- 1 slice of sprouted whole grain bread with cashew butter
- 1 salmon fillet (warmed it up on skillet with more seasonings and a little oil)
- 6-7 asparagus spears with 1/2 slice bacon
- 1/2 a sweet potato (and I don’t even like these so it took A LOT of garlic and onion powder and other seasonings to take away their sweetness)
I will hold off on my weight and measurements until the end of this detox! Regardless of these results–if any—I’m really happy with the way I’m feeling!